Last week my Mom made some very yummy candy - Peanut Butter Turtles. If you love chocolate and peanut butter then you'll want to make these. She said they were pretty simple to make and they turn out very cute and do look like chubby turtles. Here's a pic of one of hers and the recipe. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Turtle Candies
- 72 pecan halves (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- On waxed paper-lined pans, arrange pecan halves in clusters of three.
- In a small bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until blended; gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Spoon 1/4 teaspoon melted chocolate into the center of each pecan cluster. Place teaspoonfuls of peanut butter mixture into the center of each cluster; press down slightly. Spoon remaining melted chocolate over tops. Chill for 10 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
This recipe comes from A Taste of Home.
In the spirit of holiday baking, Cindy