Thanksgiving Bloom

Happy Thanksgiving! I awoke this morning to see that my Christmas cactus was starting to bloom. It is glorious! There are so many buds it is crazy - when they all bloom it will be sight!

Seeing these beautiful abundance of blooms reminds me of how much I have to be grateful for this holiday. I am particularly thankful for my life and the freedom I have to choose how I live. That is huge. I am filled with love for my family and my friends. My daughter and granddaughters called today and Zoe serenaded me with a Thanksgiving song from her school pageant - it was so sweet! I particularly grateful for them and the love, joy, innocent wonder and curiosity their share so openly with me.

Having people over for dinner today was wonderful. We had a lovely dinner! Everyone participated in creating a great variety of yummy dishes. So good! I had fun setting the table and realized how much like my mother I am. She loves a beautifully set table and having all the right dishes! I appreciate this more now than ever and realize how it is an expression of her creativity. She is really good at it too! I learn more from her every visit! Now I need to be on the look out for some new serving dishes, a gravy boat and drinking glasses. Some things to look for on my flea market adventures!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Hope you had a wonderful day. Let the holiday season begin!

No comments: