Celestial Challenge - Winter Solstice Sun

Celestial Challenge - Winter Solstice Sun

Another Spoonflower fabric challenge! This time the theme is "celestial". Since it is December and Winter Solstice is right around the corner, I decided to use a sun as my inspiration. However, the unique part about this challenge is that the design has to be one that is made by the artist in some medium other than digital. The art can be scanned into the computer, but not digitally developed.

I started by sketching my idea with paper and pencil. Once I created the design that I liked I started again on heavy paper, sketched the final design, outlined it with ink and then used watercolors to get the vibrant colors. Once it was dry I scanned it into Photoshop, added a black background and it was complete. I think it came out pretty good!

Now the voting is on! To see all the entries and vote click here.

This is so much fun! But I still haven't had my first fabric printed. Don't understand why I am procrastinating! It is one of those things! I just better go for it!! Maybe it will be my Christmas present to myself.

In the spirit of creativity, Cindy

No comments: