Waking up to Creative Cooking

It occurred to be today that I could wake up my creativity in another way - cooking. I just got the new Clean Eating Magazine and I was reading it in the bathtub last night (soaking my aching muscles from working out at the gym) and some of the recipes just looked and sounded so good I thought I should give them a try. Since I was inspired by the autumn colors yesterday I thought I would make something with fall colors. In the magazine was a recipe for Spiced Pumpkin Mousse that looked so yummy and was especially colorful.

It was fun to make and very simple. I took creative license with the recipe and added a few of my own touches and it came out quite tasty! I even put some of the mousse in popsicle molds to turn them into a frozen treat. Yummy. Here is the recipe.


Spiced Pumpkin Mousse

2 15 oz cans 100% pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 1-lb pkg silken tofu, drained well
1/2 cup maple syrup (I used agave nectar)
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground clove
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain nonfat (use as topping)

In a food processor combine pumpkin, and tofu. Process until combined, about 30 seconds. Add maple syrup, spice, and salt. Process until blended. Transfer mousse to a resealable container, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Before serving drain in water that has accumulated. Scoop 1\2 cup into small glasses or ramekins. Top with a dollop of Greek yogurt, chopped walnuts and a drizzle of agave. (The magazine recipe called for Greek yogurt and shards of dark chocolate.) Serves 10.

Try it, you'll like it! It's healthier than pumpkin pie, low in fat and yummy.

In the spirit of creativity, Cindy

No comments: