Blooming in November

BLOOM: Awaken Emerge Create


Over the summer I had an awakening and realized that there was something big missing in my new life in California.  Work.  I miss my work. Not just having a job, but following my life's purpose kind of work.  The work I was doing in Ohio - life coaching, leading workshops, developing classes, and working on my Body Belief workbook.  It was an important part of my life. And now, I feel it is more important than ever!  I have things to do!


With this new insight, I decided to come up with a plan.  Over the last year I kept running into Jennifer Lee, a business coach. And by running into her I mean, finding her website when I was looking up a recipe for crock pot stew, then seeing her book at Borders, or reading a blog that had a link to her site, then randomly viewing her on YouTube. It became clear to me that the Universe was trying to tell me something - so I ordered her book, "The Right Brain Business Plan". Right down my alley, being a right brainer myself (creative type).  


For the past few weeks I have been working with Jennifer via her insightful and fun book and I am putting a plan together for my new business called BLOOM: Awaken Emerge Create. The kick off is in January. (However, I am returning to my blogging, starting today!)


So in preparation, I am doing some hard work, looking at what I want to offer and how to promote it in my new environment.  Over the weekend I have been doing some exercises from the book.  The one I finished today was "Make a Card Deck of Your Values".  In this exercise, she suggests focusing on personal values and narrowing them down to 5 to 10, then making a visual collage of each one.  It was so much fun and also very telling.  I was totally engrossed and realized these values are the truth of who I am in all areas of my life.  Here they are, in no particular order of importance: Creativity, Courage, Compassion, Relationships, Health, Spirituality, Peace (world & personal), Knowledge, Organization.




I am off to a good start and look forward to my next step - creating "The Big Vision Collage".  I'll be sharing more of my journey soon!


In the spirit of purpose,
                                               
Cindy



No comments: